Terms and Conditions
When you access RethinkDiabetesMaine.org (the “Site”), use any functionality or tool, or access information on or through RethinkDiabetesMaine.org, you are agreeing to accept and adhere to the policies and legal disclaimers set forth below.
- Limitation of Liability
- Comment Policy
- Community Policy / Member Agreement
The Site provides information about diabetes prevention for your general knowledge. This website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before beginning any new treatment, exercise or nutrition regiment. If you are ill or need immediate medical care, please contact your health care provider or, in an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest medical facility.
Rethink Diabetes Maine will attempt to keep the information available through the Site current and accurate, but makes no guarantees and disclaims any implied warranty or representation about its accuracy, relevance, timeliness, completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose. Information on this site may be updated at any time and without notice. Reliance on any information provided on or through this site is solely at your own risk. You assume full responsibility for using the information.
We disclaim all responsibility related to the content posted by third parties to the full extent allowed by applicable laws. These third party comments may include inaccurate and false information and are not an endorsement by Rethink Diabetes Maine of any products, programs or services referenced by third parties.
By using the Site, users of the Site hereby agree to release the Rethink Diabetes Maine, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC, the funder of this website, and all of their affiliates, subsidiaries, officers and employees from any and all liability in connection with the use of the Rethink Diabetes Maine website and the use of any and all content, images or videos posted on the site. In no event, shall any of the above parties be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from any loss of use, loss of profits, litigation, or any other pecuniary loss, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with this Web site or the provision of or failure to make available such products, goods, or services, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
For your interest and convenience, we and/or our users may provide links from rethinkdiabetesmaine.org to other websites. The links are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute or imply that the Rethink Diabetes Maine endorses these sites, any material or information contained therein, or of any products or services described on these sites.
Our cookies are anonymous, containing no information that can identify you personally. By using this site you agree to the placement of cookies on your computer. If you do not wish to accept cookies from this site please either disable cookies or refrain from using this site.
Users will need to review and agree to abide by the membership agreement prior to creating a profile on the Site.
Welcome to the Rethink Diabetes Maine online community. This online community provides a forum for people working to promote diabetes prevention in Maine to connect, engage in dialogue, share knowledge and resources, collaborate, address challenges, and learn from one another so that we may achieve a vision of diabetes prevention together.
We want this community to be a safe, respectful, welcoming place for all members to comfortably share, connect, collaborate, and learn together. In this spirit, we expect all members to be polite and respectful in their interactions with others and to refrain from personal attacks.
What to Do
To ensure that this online community is a safe, respectful place for others to learn and explore:
- Review posted comments before you dive in with a reaction or response.
- Remember to “humanize” your written comments, since body language is absent.
- Carefully choose your language or use emoticons.
- Be tactful and mindful of your tone – it is easy to misinterpret intent online.
- To protect your own privacy, and the privacy of others, please do not include any medical, personal or confidential information, including phone numbers or e-mail addresses, in the body of your online communications.
- If you find inappropriate content on this site, please notify an administrator immediately.
What Not to Do
- Post material that infringes on or violates the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by the Rethink Diabetes Maine in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
The Rethink Diabetes Maine reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with this Member Agreement.
- Terminate a user’s member profile upon any breach of this Member Agreement.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the community or blog features, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Any content or image, including video, that you post on this site is public and could be redistributed or copied from this site.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify the Rethink Diabetes Maine against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
This forum serves as a forum to foster discussion and share news, information, resources and insights from diabetes prevention thought leaders across the state and beyond on a variety of topics. We encourage you to share your comments, ideas, and concerns.
This is a moderated forum—we will review all comments after they are posted. We expect that participants will treat each other with mutual respect. We will remove any comments that in our sole discretion we determine to contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups. We will remove comments that we determine in our sole discretion to be off-topic or that inappropriately promote services or products.
To protect your own privacy, and the privacy of others, please do not include any medical, personal or confidential information, including phone numbers or e-mail addresses, in the body of your comment.
Thank you for taking the time to read this comment policy. We encourage your participation in our discussion and look forward to an active exchange of ideas.
This website was supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Cooperative Agreement Number DP-18-1815. Contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of the U.S. CDC.