RFGH will be offering the Prevent T2 lifestyle change program for adults at risk for developing type 2 diabetes! Prevent T2 is a free year-long program through the National Diabetes Prevention Program that will be held virtually (through Zoom) on Wednesdays from May 25, 2023 – May 22, 2024, from 9:00am – 10:00am.
Prevent T2 promotes healthy lifestyle changes that can help adults cut their risk of developing type 2 diabetes in half!
Not sure if you qualify? Here are the requirements to join:
1. 18 years+
2. BMI of 25 or higher (23 or higher for Asian Americans)
3. No previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
4. Cannot be pregnant during enrollment
have at least one of the following
• Positive risk screening for prediabetes (www.doihaveprediabetes.org
• A blood test result within one year before enrollment, such as:
1. Fasting glucose of 100 to 125 mg/dl
2. Plasma glucose of 120 to 144 mg/dl
3. HbA1C of 5.7-6.4
4. Previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes
For more information or to sign-up over the phone, please contact Brittney Dunphy, RFGH Community Health Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 858-2318. Registration deadline is Wednesday, May 10, 2023.